2. The kind of personal information we collect and hold.
In dealing with you we may collect personal information including your name, address, date of birth, telephone numbers, email address and driver's license number. We do not collect or retain sensitive information, unless it is supplied by you, you consent to its collection and the information is reasonably necessary for our business or activities.
3. How we collect and hold personal information.
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you, when you contact or deal with us. We also collect personal information from third parties, for example finance or insurance companies providing related services to you.
We protect this information in a number of ways. It is kept in secure locations, and access to it is restricted to those who have the appropriate authorization under our policies. Where we share the information with third parties we ensure they also have appropriate policies and security in place. When the information is no longer required, it is de-identified, deleted, or securely destroyed. These steps may vary depending on the nature of the information, the way it was collected and how it was stored.
4. How we use and disclose personal information.
We collect and use your personal information for a number of reasons, including:
- To enable us to properly respond to your request about purchasing a vehicle, parts, service or repair, finance or insurance.
- To provide you with information about products or offers.
- To enable us to arrange for you things like vehicle registration, finance or insurance.
- To contact you in the event of a vehicle recall or program or any warranty matters.
- To maintain records for accounting, administrative and legal requirements.
- To provide your details to the vehicle manufacturer for warranty purposes or to conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
- For other purposes related to your dealings with us.
5. How you may access your personal information.
You may access your personal information by contacting us. You can contact the CMG Adelaide staff member you usually deal with, or email us at email@example.com to make this request. We will then arrange with you a convenient time and means for you to have access. If at any time you believe that any personal information of yours that we hold is incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and advise us of the correct information, and we will amend our records.
6. Direct Marketing
We may use your personal information to identify a product or service that you may be interested in or to contact you about an event or important initiative. We may use your phone number, email address or mailing address to contact you from time to time to tell you about products or service offerings that we believe may be of interest to you.
You can withdraw your consent to receiving direct marketing communications from us at any time by unsubscribing from the mailing list, by contacting us at the details at the end of this policy, or by using the opt out mechanism in our direct marketing communications.
7. How you may make a privacy complaint.
If you have a complaint about the way we hold or use your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com, stating your concern, and how you would like your complaint resolved. We will investigate your complaint and respond to you with our findings and our proposed action, within 30 days. In the event you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the complaint of the investigation, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
8. Transfer of personal information overseas.
CMG Adelaide may disclose personal information (including credit information) to overseas recipients in order to provide their products and/ or services and for administrative or other management purposes.
Our business is affiliated with other businesses located overseas, such as vehicle manufacturers and original equipment manufacturers. In the course of doing business with you, we are likely to disclose some of your personal information to overseas recipients. However, we will only do so where:
- it is necessary to complete the transaction you have entered into; and
- you have provided consent; or
- we believe on reasonable grounds that the overseas recipient is required to deal with your personal information by enforceable laws which are similar to the requirements under the APPs; or
- it is otherwise permitted by law.
While it is not practicable to list every country in which such recipients may be located, recipients of such disclosures is likely to include countries where the parent company of our franchises exist, such as South Korea and USA.
9. Changes to our policy
Our Contact details are:
152-156 Railway Terrace Mile End South SA
(08) 8223 7666
10. Links to Other Sites
This site contains links to other Websites. We are not responsible for the Privacy Policies of other sites.